TeamTalk 5 is getting close to beta testing now that most new features are in place. There’s still some issues with volumes that needs to be sorted out.
The main difference from the previous alpha release is that echo cancellation, denoising and automatic gain control now also work for stereo codecs.
The new storage options which were introduced in TeamTalk 4.6.3 are also included with this Alpha 4 release.
Version 22.214.171.12429 (alpha4), released 2014/10/27:
- WebM video codec replaces Theora
- OPUS audio codec replaces CELT
- Separate stream for multimedia files
- User rights now part of user account (instead of server properties)
- Audio codec bitrate limit moved to user account
- Max number of channels 4000
- Max number of users 1000
- Removed P2P support
- Rename channel names
- No voice activation channel type
- Added -pid-file option to server
- Automatic gain control enabled by default
- Classroom free-for-all stored in server’s config file
- Default server config file now tt5srv.xml and log file tt5srv.log
- Daemon startup script for Debian Linux
- Server statistics for “users served”, “users peak” and “uptime”
- Console server included with Windows-distribution
- Refresh sound devices for Classic client
- No recording allowed channel type
- Packetloss statistics in Classic client
- Option in Classic client to disable VU-meter
- Classic client now uses default screen-reader text-to-speech
- AGC, denoise and echo cancellation for stereo codecs
Download TeamTalk 5 Alpha4
Mac OS X – 64-bit (TeamTalk 5 is not digitally signed yet, so try starting the TeamTalk application. Afterwards go to System Preferences, open Security & Privacy then unlock the option to allow TeamTalk 5 to run).