TeamTalk 5 is now close to be released in BETA. The features which will be in the final TeamTalk 5 version are now in place.
This latest release has updated volume control so it’s possible to increase both master volume and individual volume even more. The incompatibility issues with Windows XP has now also been solved.
An issue in the Classic client regarding missing audio devices has also been fixed.
The .tt file “Client Settings” features which were part of the latest v4.6.3 release are also included with the ALPHA5 release.
Version 126.96.36.19981 (ALPHA5), released 2014/11/09:
- WebM video codec replaces Theora
- OPUS audio codec replaces CELT
- Separate stream for multimedia files
- User rights now part of user account (instead of server properties)
- Audio codec bitrate limit moved to user account
- Max number of channels 4000
- Max number of users 1000
- Removed P2P support
- Rename channel names
- No voice activation channel type
- Added -pid-file option to server
- Automatic gain control enabled by default
- Classroom free-for-all stored in server’s config file
- Default server config file now tt5srv.xml and log file tt5srv.log
- Daemon startup script for Debian Linux
- Server statistics for “users served”, “users peak” and “uptime”
- Console server included with Windows-distribution
- Refresh sound devices for Classic client
- No recording allowed channel type
- Packetloss statistics in Classic client
- Option in Classic client to disable VU-meter
- Classic client now uses default screen-reader text-to-speech
- AGC, denoise and echo cancellation for stereo codecs
Download TeamTalk 5 Alpha5
Mac OS X – 64-bit (TeamTalk 5 is not digitally signed yet, so try starting the TeamTalk application. Afterwards go to System Preferences, open Security & Privacy then unlock the option to allow TeamTalk 5 to run).