At long last it’s possible to try out an early test version of TeamTalk 5 for Android.
Thanks to Beqa Gozalishvili and Igor B. Poretsky the new Android client works well with the TalkBack screen-reader. Both of them have put a lot of effort into making the new client as accessible as possible.
This new Android client still has a long way to go before it’s ready for release and therefore it’s currently not available in Google’s Play Store.
Please post feedback regarding the Android client in the TeamTalk Forum.
Features in TeamTalk 5 for Android
Most of the common features in the TeamTalk desktop client are available in the Android client as well:
- Send and receive voice streams
- Receive audio media file streams
- Upload and download files
- Create, edit and remove channels
- Receive shared desktops
- Send and receive text messages
Here’s a list of the features which are still missing:
- Send and receive video streams from webcams
- Receive video media file streams
- Send media file streams to channel
- User account administration
- Update server properties
- Interact with shared desktops
- Kick and ban users
- Record conversations to Disk
Download TeamTalk 5 for Android
TeamTalk 5 for Android runs on ARM-based Android 4.1 and later.
The TeamTalk Android client is currently only available as an unofficial APK file which must be downloaded and installed on your Android device. In order to install the APK-file you must go into Settings, then Security and finally uncheck “Unknown sources”. After installing TeamTalk go back to Security and check “Unknown sources” again.
To download click the link below: